I used to get terribly nervous before piano recitals as a young child. Even now, relearning piano as an adult, I feel anxious just playing in front of my own adult children.
Watch Jazer’s video above for tips on how to overcome your nerves.
How To Get Rid of Nerves Before a Piano Performance
1. Don’t sit small, sit big!
2. Shift your focus from inside your head to the outside audience
3. Meditation Breath Exercise
Ted Talk on Body Language: https://youtu.be/Ks-_Mh1QhMc
Latest posts by Debbie Lee (see all)
- 7 Tips for How Adults Can Learn Piano Quickly - March 21, 2023
- Can You Teach Yourself the Piano? 5 Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - February 23, 2023
- How To Practice Piano To Get Fast Results - February 3, 2023